Thursday, August 02, 2007

More Then Meets the Eye

Last night I watched the Transformers, to date this is the biggest franchise of my childhood to be remade by Hollywood and it's unlikely to replaced except for the unlikely event Mask gets remade. The film was quite good, not amazing but certainly not a bad movie either.

It certainly had plenty of fanboy moments to keep me happy. The first meeting between an Autobot and a Decepticon certainly proved to me that Michael Bay got the subject matter and the Rangers were pretty cool, especially when I found out they were based on GI Joe.

However, there were some bad points in the film too, the scene in and around the Witwicky's house seemed very out of place for the movie, one friend described as Transformers meets American Pie which sums things up perfectly in my opinion. The guy from Sector 7 was just plain annoying and as Drew pointed out he seemed like he was from a bad 80s kids film.

I did enjoy the film, and I am looking forward to the sequel, but not too fussed about re-watching this one. Still, for the first time in Transformers, I actually liked Bumblebee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pshaw, it was GREAT! SO many plot holes, so much silliness, but it has been quite a while since I left the cinema feeling so pumped up! '300' was the last one...

Unknown said...

The fanboy moments and the giant robots kicking the crap out of each other was extremely enjoyable, but I had problems with it too. Also worth mentioning is the CD player/mobile phone transformer that just annoyed the crap out of me.